Founder ∙ Barrister ∙ Solicitor ∙ Notary Public
(Spec.)(Hons.) B.A. (Summa Cum Laude), M.A., J.D.
I love my job! I love working on legal problems that affect real people and ensuring that people are always treated as they ought to be treated. Being wildly extroverted, I take an active interest in you – the person – behind the legal issue you are going through. I am continually striving to listen carefully, ask clarifying questions, and probe underlying issues.
Called to the Ontario Bar (Toronto, 2013);
Juris Doctorate (Western University Faculty of Law, 2012);
Certificate of Negotiation (Western University Faculty of Law, 2012);
Master of Arts – Philosophy of Law (University of Toronto, 2009);
Certificate in Law and Social Thought (York University, 2008)
Specialized (Honours) Bachelor of Arts – Moral, Political, Legal Philosophy (York University, 2008). Summa Cum Laude.
After my studies, I worked at a prominent general practice law firm in the Toronto area before partnering with my wife, Mona, to open Amin Law Office in 2014. This labour of love has now grown into Amin Law Professional Corporation.
I have also had the privilege of speaking at conferences on a variety of topics. I’ve presented legal papers and case-law research before a wide spectrum of audiences ranging from academic peers and professors, to lay audiences and religious congregations.
As your legal counsel, I am committed to representing you with tenacity as well as integrity. I will always take the time to listen to your concerns, and walk with you through the court process, transaction, or plan. I strive – above all else – to ensure all matters are completed with wisdom and efficiency, so that you are comfortable and put at ease every step of the way.
Legal issues can be stressful – but dealing with your own lawyer doesn’t have to be.
In my spare time, I love to hang out with friends, and eat extremely spicy food. When not at the office, I also serve at my church as part of the Security Team. My wife and I will be welcoming our first child (and soon to be legal associate!) in April 2020.
Maria-Jose (Mona) Amin
Co-Founder ∙ Office Manager ∙ Real Estate Law Clerk ∙ Commissioner of Oaths
(Hons.) B.A., Cert. Law Clerk.
This is my philosophy of work: Maximum productivity equals putting the other person first (Matt Perman). I strive to serve and love our team members and clients through the work that I do. As the Office Manager and Real Estate Law Clerk of Amin Law, I love making our lawyer’s, clients’, and team’s experiences smooth. I believe that productivity comes from engaging with others, as I learn what is valuable and important to them. From creating systems, delegating, and coaching team members to interacting with our clients through the real estate process, I aim to be kind, sympathetic, and diligent in each task and interaction that comes my way.
In 2014, I partnered with my husband, David Amin, to create a thriving family firm that is reliable, efficient, and supportive by utilizing my entrepreneurship, cultural competency and bilingualism (Spanish and English).
I have worked alongside Dave for many years and we are excited to grow as a family – as we are welcoming our first baby in April, 2020. We project great things for the firm’s future. I count myself incredibly blessed to be able to share all my entrepreneurial and life activities with my husband.
Education: I am a graduate from Western University with experience in banking and customer relations. I completed my Bachelor of Arts with an Honours Specialization in Family Studies in 2011 and complemented my education with Residential Real Estate training from the Law Clerk program at Fanshawe College.
Office Administrator ∙ Commissioner of Oaths ∙ Law Clerk (in training)
(Hons.) B.A., Cert. Law Clerk.
Before I joined the Amin Law team in 2019, I worked in the restaurant industry for almost two decades. I operated my own catering business from 2010-2017, and was the Sous Chef at one of North London’s premiere go to restaurants from 2017-2019. Hospitality is at the core of who I am and it permeates everything I do as an office administrator. My goal is to make every person who contacts our office feel welcomed, cared for, and taken care of in a timely and professional manner.
A concept that was instilled in me during my time at culinary school can be summed up in the phrase “mise en place”; everything in its place. I thrive on meticulously constructed systems that ensure efficiency and thorough execution. In other words, Amin Law does not cut corners! We strive to deliver the best service and overall experience to our clients.
Something that I am often told by my colleagues and loved ones is that I exude calmness and stability. I am predisposed towards empathy and desire to reduce any stress that you may be experiencing by problem solving with you and answering any questions you may have. I feel honoured to be in a position to serve you during such an important event in your life.
Lastly, I love to laugh! I believe a well timed “dad joke” can cure all ills. One of my number one goals in life is to make my wife and kids laugh as much as possible. I look forward to meeting you soon!
Donald H. Crawford
Counsel to the Firm
BA. LLB. Q.C.
- 1965 – University of Western Ontario B.A.
- 1968 – University of Western Ontario LLB
- 1970 – Call to the Bar
- 1982 – Queen’s Counsel
- 1970 – 1973 Organ & Crawford, Barristers and Solicitors
- 1974 – 1981 – originating partner Dyer Brown, Barristers and Solicitors
- 1981 – 1990 – Crawford & Associates, Barristers and Solicitors
- 1990 – 1996 – Crawford, Squire & Hampson, Barristers and Solicitors
- 1996 onward – sole practitioner
- 2012 onward –Trustee of Middlesex Law Association and past President
- Past Board member Ontario Criminal Lawyers Association
- Third President of the London Criminal Lawyers Association
- Past member Advocates Society of Ontario
- Past member American Trial Lawyers Association
- Member and Past Chair of London Transit Commission, 1978 – 1984
- Past Chair Ronald McDonald House Nominating Committee
- Past Moderator First Baptist Church and Present Trustee
- Past President Lambeth Rotary
- Past National Vice-President Family Motor Coach Association
- Chair (Discipline) of Family Motor Coach Association Review Council
- Practice restricted to criminal and civil litigation
- Practice in all level of Courts including Ontario Court of Appeal and Supreme
Court of Canada
- Handled over 20 – 30 homicide cases
- Taking part in Moot Court and Mock Trials at Western University Law School
- Ontario Law School Association “Gavel Award” 1968
- Prosecutor UWO Student Court 1967 – 1968
- Continuing Education including “Straight from the Bench” – Panel participant
- Lecturer at Aylmer Police College